tisdag 23 april 2013

Germany, Frankfurt. A memory for life!

Germany, Frankfurt. April 1 to 13. There is so much to write about the trip. At first it was tough, many new impressions, new language to get used to, a lot of new people and a new living. It would  be really long post, but I must choose to shorten it. (each point can be developed):

 
• Been in Germany for the first time and then also lived at a hostel (which fortunately was not at all like in the movies ..)
• I've been practicing the English language since we were trainee teachers from Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Germany and France
• practiced mathematics in the city. I've got plenty of ideas and inspiration for when it's time for me to teach in a few years. Who needs books and desks?
•felt like a schoolgirl again (got the food posted on plate at dinner). There was also access to dessert every day (the green daub was nice to look at but not as good to eat) and nutella every breakfast - luxury some might think.
• Awakened school memories by playing foosball (hope you have been repaired by now little friend)
• Survived with limited internet access
• Had structure at school and performance very good. Must have dropped it on the plane home ..
• footbath in the shower
• drank a whole lot of German beer!
• Been both sober aaand not so sober...
• Been on a German, smoky club. The alcohol was, of course, much more cheap than in Sweden but I don't like it when you are allowed to smoke inside. Mention also that we chose to go home 06:30 instead of 2:00 because the hostel was closed in between. Between the club and our return home we managed to ask several people for directions to McDonald's, meet a model from Germany and go astray before we finally ended up at the hostel.
•Crawl around on the floor by the "boys toilets" to look for a lost James.• Sung karaoke, less sober ..
• Received a night with free drinks, thanks to a nice karaoke contribution. Thank you older, short, bald man.
• Rated award for "most fun math trail" - wohoo group 5!
• Danced rhythmically. Kind of..
• Laughed!
• Learned a lot of fun in Norwegian.
• Rated bruising (some unknown).
• Drunk my first tequila shot (I liked it!)
• Spent a little too much money (damn you, weizen!)
• Rated unforgettable memories
• Gained friends for life!

That's some of the things we've been through. Have been home for a week and a few days now and I'm slowly getting used to "this life" again. The school here (workshop + lecture) is not nearly as fun as the math trails we did during the two weeks in Frankfurt. The days here does not contain as much beer (perhaps it's good?). A little creepy, however, that several of the people I got to know there have been with me in my dreams almost every night from when I got home. The first days I woke up in the middle of the night and thought that some were in my room .. A little uncomfortable, until I realized that it was just me and Benny there. :D

 
I enjoyed the trip very much and in a way it was very sad to go home. I really hope that it was not the first and last time I met several of you, and I hope to keep in touch and that I will get to see you again soon!

Germany, Frankfurt. Missing the Irish pub and all the lovely people. These two weeks are really a memory for life! <3


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar